Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A kind man...

Just wanted to make note of this. Yesterday my kids and I went to H&R to pick up a part for my pressure cooker. Of course Addi chose to park it at the counter because they have candy right there at her reach. I just let her stay there and made Ethan stand by her. I write this down because you don't see this happen very often and when it happens to you it makes your heart happy. Anway, there was this guy that I had never seen before and he insisted on buying treats for my kids. Ethan's stranger danger kicked in and he immediately said "no" not "no thank you" which we had a talk about after. Well, this man paid for several treats and told the kids to chose something and left. This is nothing big...I know, but it made my day and taught my kids a little lesson of kindness. Doesn't that make you want to do something kind? It did me! Hope you all have a nice day!

3 comments:

Cole and Kimala said...

That does make me want to do something nice. We all just need to slow down a bit and think of others more often. Good lesson for us all.
So, you found the part for your pressure cooker?
Wish we could have been there to watch Ethan. Sounds like a good time.

Megan Guymon said...

No. I can't find the right part for the pressure cooker. The hunt is on.

Blackburns said...

It's nice to know that there nice people out there. Sometimes I wonder if there are. It's does make you want to do something nice for someone else.